Eve has begun to roll out new updates for its Eve Energy, Eve Door & Window, and Eve Motion smart home devices that add support for Matter.
Eve already makes popular smart home accessories that work with Apple HomeKit.
But with the upgrade to Matter support they’ll also work with Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, and Amazon Alexa systems as well — and because of the Matter standard, everything will talk to each other, too.
The new updates are actually part of an early access program that people can sign up for now.
Eve products will continue to offer unique functionality on HomeKit, so customers who decide to upgrade to Matter will still be able to use features like autonomous schedules, child locks, and advanced automations in the Eve and Apple Home apps.
However, Eve point out that, “once you’ve upgraded your devices to Matter, you can’t migrate them back to HomeKit.”
Those looking to switch to using the Matter system will need a Thread Border Router-capable Home Hub. That includes the HomePod mini, and last two generations of Apple TV 4K. They’ll all need to be running the latest software and be connected to the network in order to function, while the software update can be handed via the Eve iPhone app.
Apple and other smart home companies have worked together to make the Matter system interoperable, removing the siloes that previously meant that HomeKit, Alexa, and other systems didn’t work together.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1.2 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.1.2 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.1 Final OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]