Whether you are planning to purchase Australian domains or looking for the best domain hosting Australia, you will need to check your website at one point or another. Why? Because it is an important search engine rank metric that helps you understand how well your website ranks on Google.
So, how to check Domain Authority of a site? There are several ways to check your website domain authority.
In this blog, we will list some of the most authentic domain authority checker tools you can use to learn about your site’s performance.
What is Domain Authority?
Domain Authority is an SEO performance metric developed by Moz. It is used to determine the SEO strengths and weaknesses of a website and compare them with other sites to identify the ranking potential of your site.
Further, Domain Authority, or simply DA, is measured on a scale ranging from 0 to 100, where higher scores are proportional to higher rank potential.
Factors that Determine Domain Authority
Domain Authority takes into account various factors to calculate a DA score for a website. The main factors are as follows:
- Linking root domains
- Number and quality of inbound and outbound link
- Machine learning algorithm
Besides these factors, there are many others that are considered when determining a DA score for a website. However, most of them are clubbed into the ML algorithm used by Moz for building this tool.
Note that domain authority is not an official ranking factor for Google or any other search engine. Instead, it is just a tool to identify the strengths and weaknesses of a website so that they can be worked upon in order to achieve a higher ranking.
How to Check Domain Authority?
There are various domain authority checker tools that you can use to get a DA score for your domain names. All of these are simple to use and efficient. All you need to do is visit the official website and search for domain names in the tools to get a DA score.
- Ahrefs: Ahrefs is a powerful tool using which you can look for domain authority scores of a website as well as a web page. The best part about this tool is it shows all the backlinks connected to the entered website or URL. This means you can have a look at the types of backlinks your competitors are utilising to rank higher.
- Moz: Moz is one of the most popular DA checker tools online. In terms of efficiency, it is very close to Ahrefs. It can also be used to determine both Domain Authority and Page Authority.
- SemRush: SemRush is another powerful digital marketing tool that serves as a one-stop destination for complete website analysis. Besides calculating the DA, it can also be used for keyword research, site analysis, content marketing, competitor analysis, etc.
- Majestic: Majestic works very similar to Ahrefs. You can check the DA score along with the backlinks a site is using.
Once you register a domain name and get your site live on the internet, you need to monitor its performance to make sure it is performing in a desirable way. This is where a reliable Domain Authority checker tool can help you.